The objective of the report is to explore the domain of phytomedicines and herbal extracts. The phytomedicine report will include technology research, market research, and the competitive aspect of phytomedicines and herbal extracts done by experts of Signicent. The phytomedicine report has details about innovations and emerging technologies in phytomedicines and herbal extracts.
Phytomedicine can be defined as a herbal medicine with therapeutic and healing properties. Phytopharmaceutical preparation can be defined as a medicine derived exclusively from a whole plant or parts of plants and manufactured in a crude form or as a purified pharmaceutical formulation.
Phytomedicines and herbal extracts market is expected to reach USD 8.26 billion by 2027. India is the second-largest exporter of medicinal plants in the world. With 6,600 medicinal plants, India is second to China in this ranking. Together these countries produce over 70 percent of the herbal medicine across the globe.
- Aging of the skin due to ionizing radiations i.e., Microwave & X-rays is a serious problem. Ionizing radiation can lead to accelerated skin aging leading to a decrease in the production of dermal extracellular matrix, loss of elasticity, dry cutaneous appearance, wrinkles, etc.
- Decrease in hormonal levels, immunity cells, and fertility due to PCOS by endocrine inflammation. Diseases like PCOS can cause additional problems in the body like reduced hormone levels, reduced T-cell for immunity, and lack in the expression of fertility genes.
- Degradation of mucosal layer in the gastrointestinal tract. The degradation of the mucosal layer can lead to greater health issues like ulcers and an imbalance of the helper T-cells in the body, treating which naturally becomes an issue.
- Side effects are caused by lifestyle-related diseases like diabetes, hypertension, hyperglycemia, and hyperlipidemia. Most people with lifestyle-related diseases often take precautions like medicine and surgery for health control but are unable to control side effects from these diseases like cardiovascular problems.
How To Overcome Challenges
- Using super moisturizing oil serum made from natural ingredients like vitamin E, essential oils, and coenzyme extracts can have beneficial effects like barrier repairing, anti-inflammation, anti-oxidant
- Treatment with R10 extracted from garlic can be a good option as it boosts the hormone levels, and polarization of T-cells and expresses fertility genes like Gpx3 & Ptx3.
- Using the extracts from the fungus Poria cocos which are often discarded in traditional medicines is useful as it repairs the gastrointestinal mucosa and regulates the T-cell balance.
- Consumption of herbal tea made from green tea, oolong tea, Prunellae spica, etc. is a really good option for patients with lifestyle diseases and can reduce the side effects in the later stage.
Let us go through some of the case studies discussed in the phytomedicine report.
Modulatory Effects of R10 fraction of Garlic
How can one overcome the decrease in hormonal levels, immunity cells, and fertility due to PCOS by endocrine inflammation?
This section of the phytomedicine report discusses the treatment with R10 extracted from garlic. It can be a good option as it boosts the hormone levels, and polarization of T-cells and expresses fertility genes like Gpx3 & Ptx3. Therapeutic effects of the R10 fraction were evaluated in a mouse model of PCOS. PCOS was developed by intramuscular injection of estradiol valerate. Treatment with R10 fraction, isolated from garlic, was performed and the alterations in hormonal levels (estradiol, progesterone, and testosterone), T cell polarization markers (IFN-γ, IL-4, and IL-17), and expression of fertility-related genes (Gpx3 and Ptx3) were evaluated.
Improving Functional Dyspepsia With Phytomedicine
Extracts of Poria cocos improve functional dyspepsia via regulating brain-gut peptides, immunity, and repairing of the gastrointestinal mucosa. It has a very good therapeutic effect on functional dyspepsia (FD). The function and potential mechanisms of PC including its three extracts (triterpenoid(PCT); water-soluble polysaccharide(PCWP); acidic polysaccharide, (PCAP) on functional dyspepsia were seen.
The chemical components of PC extracts were analyzed and quantified using ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography coupled with quadrupole time of flight mass spectrometry and gel permeation chromatography coupled with size exclusion chromatography.
The FD rat models were established using weight-loaded forced swimming and alternate-day fasting for 42 days. After 14 days of treatment, the effect and mechanisms were investigated using ELISA, histopathology, immunohistochemistry as well as Western blot.
These extracts promoted the repair of the gastrointestinal mucosa and regulated the balance between the T helper cell. PCT and PCWP regulated brain-gut peptides more effectively, and PCWP and acidic polysaccharide (PCAP) enhanced immunity more effectively. These extracts may have enhanced immunity via the Toll-like receptor (TLR) and c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) signaling pathways.
PC extracts showed therapeutic effects on FD (functional dyspepsia) rats, and the mechanism of action involved multiple pathways. PCAP, which is often discarded in traditional applications, was effective
Each year Signicent provides consultancy to hundreds of organizations to help transform their innovations to value.
Skin Photoaging And Zein Nanoparticles
Most of the substances used to treat skin photoaging and light damage are compromised by their oxygen sensitivity and poor water solubility causing the compound to have poor skin permeability, thus being underutilized as a cosmetic ingredient.
Zein, which is the main by-product of industrial corn starch and ethanol processing has many characteristics of an ideal topical delivery system such as high biodegradability and biocompatibility, superior binding ability, and effective absorption by target cells. This technique works beautifully and helps in overcoming challenges associated with skin photoaging.
The methodology insights
- Fabrication of a new type of eco-friendly nanoparticles by co-assembling zein with hyaluronic acid (HA) to encapsulate hydrophobic tetrahydrocurcumin (THC) was carried out.
- Zein colloidal particles are generally regarded as safe (GRAS) status.
- Corn zein is a relatively hydrophobic and thermoplastic material with excellent film-forming properties and can be used as a good renewable and biodegradable material for food packaging applications.
Market Analysis & Segmentation
Phytomedicines and herbal extracts market is expected to reach USD 8.26 billion by 2027 growing at a growth rate of 7.45% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. The phytomedicine report shares information on growth drivers such as advancing consciousness concerning the side-effects of artificial flavorings and wellness advantages extended by phytomedicines and herbal extracts. Also, the opportunities there has been a thriving requirement for plant essences in food and drink manufacturing. However, the challenges include the pandemic crisis affecting the companies due to less consumption and supply chain.
- Amala is working in the Advanced Firming Complex with a high potency anti-aging cream that is non-toxic and filled with powerful ingredients. It contains pro-collagen firming ingredients and loads of antioxidants that come from a variety of natural seed oils along with bioactive nutrients, cocoa, prebiotic and probiotic infusion, acai stem cells with furoic acid, and beta-glucans.
- Traditional Medicinals is working on Hertburn Soother, Lemon Everyday Detox. Traditional medicinals have announced two new products Heartburn Soother and Lemon Everyday Detox. Heartburn soother is made from marshmallow leaves while Lemon. Everyday Detox has been made from a blend of burdock, cleavers, and nettles.
- Aashi Beverages is working on Goodday Cultured Milk Drink. Asahi Beverages of Philippines has launched a new product to promote good stomach and gut health for its consumers. The product is Goodday Cultured Milk Drink which contains “Para-probiotics” which are actually heat-treated deactivated strains of lactobacilli spp. It has a longer shelf life, helps prevent the common cold, provides immune support, and reinforces the intestinal barrier.
- Redplum Pvt. Ltd. by Blue Tea is a Kolkata-based tea brand founded by Sunil Chandra Saha and Nitish Singh. The company was established in the year 2016. The aim of their startup is to make vibrant flower and herb-based floral teas due to their associated health benefits. The company aims to create an “Umbrella Entity” with all things herbal and exotic and has recently launched two new brands – Yogafy (herbal home way products) and Yoga way (herbal slimming products).
- Roopayur is an Indore-based skincare company that was established in January 2021. It emerged as a trailblazer in beauty and personal care. The company has 30000 registered customers with 100% satisfaction rates. The products of Roopayur are in high demand right now in major countries like the USA, UAE, Canada, etc.
Future of Phytomedicine
The future of phytomedicine according to the information shared in the phytomedicine report is quite promising as it has natural ingredients and no side effects. Information on academic institutes working in the advancement of technology reveals that phytomedicines have the capacity of resolving many issues.
Phyto-retinol Blend Creams
Consumers are looking for skincare products that are plant-based and have a better anti-aging effect on the skin. Using plant-based active ingredients is an option for pleasing the consumers in the future. Ingredients like Phyto-retinol, bakuchiol, rambutan, and ferulic acid which work synergistically can be added to the products as they are helpful in collagen production.
Guarana is considered a natural caffeine source that can be used for making pre-workout supplements. Also, Reishi and cordyceps are emerging ‘super mushrooms’ in pre.-workout, recovery, and electrolyte supplements, with potential growth.
Anti-inflammatory Drugs with Probiotics
Low levels of gut microbes can lead to an increase in the level of pathobionts in the gut and inflammatory pathways which in turn can cause genetic alterations like dysplasia, clonal expansion, etc. Using probiotics with anti-cancer drugs can reduce this risk of inflammation and other diseases.
A multi-disciplinary approach has to be followed for the industrial production of herbal medicines. Cost-effective, safe and high-quality processes need to be optimized. R & D efforts need to be strengthened to include the development of instrumental analyses and biological assessment of raw materials as well as products.
- Revitalizing Silicon: The Path to Recovery and Revalorization
- Exploring Cable Protection Systems for Modern Infrastructure
- Innovative Applications of Nano Conductive Metallic Inks in Modern Electronics
- Advancements in Superabsorbent Materials: Innovation and Sustainability
- Advancing Technology in Fasteners and Connectors